The Rotary Club of Shelburne is a diverse mix of people from Shelburne and the surrounding area that are bound together by their dedication to “Service Above Self”, the Rotary motto.
Since 1951, the Club has been the lead organizer of the Heritage Music Festival/Canadian Open Old Time Fiddle Championship which raises funds to support the Club’s charitable activities. The Club also sells Christmas wreaths and garlands to raise funds.
Every Thursday, the Club meets at the Agricultural Hall in Shelburne to enjoy fellowship and dinner, and hear an interesting speaker from the community. Examples of recent speakers include Fiddlehead Care Farm, Hospice Dufferin, and Family Transition Place. Often, our speakers are from groups or organizations that have benefited from our service activities and programs. We also attend Orangeville Music Theatre performances and have our meetings at alternative locations in the community such as local restaurants.
The Rotary Club of Shelburne is helping in the fight against COVID-19:
- we are sponsoring lunch for the staff at Dufferin Oaks and Shelburne Residence on June 11
- we have donated $2,000 to Headwaters Health Care Centre to assist their fight against the pandemic
- we have set aside $2,000 for the Shepherd’s Cupboard Food Bank for when it is most needed
The Heritage Music Festival, featuring the 68th Canadian Open Old Time Fiddle Championship will take place August 8-12, 2018 in Shelburne, Ontario. Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Shelburne, the event features a variety of entertainers, including The Trews and the Beckett Family, as well as Canada’s top fiddlers in competition for thousands of dollars in prizes.
News & Events
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for.
Charitable causes that the Club has supported recently include:
- Music and Memory Program at Dufferin Oaks Home for Seniors.
- BMX track at Greenwood Park in Shelburne.
- Major contribution to the digital imaging department at the Headwaters Health Care Centre.
- Breakfast clubs at local elementary schools.
- Centre Dufferin Robotics Club.
- Shelburne Boy Scouts.
- A variety of minor sports, including: hockey, baseball, gymnastics, lacrosse, and figure skating.
- Dufferin County Meals on Wheels.
- Hospice Dufferin.
- Shepherd’s Cupboard Food Bank.
- PolioPlus – a program to eradicate polio worldwide.
…and many more!
Rotary has been working to eradicate polio for over 30 years, and our goal of ridding the earth of the disease is in sight. We started in 1979 with vaccinations for 6 million children in the Philippines.
Today, Afghanistan and Pakistan are the only countries where polio remains endemic. Nigeria was recently declared polio-free.