Thank you for supporting the charitable work of the Rotary Club of Shelburne. Since the Club was formed in 1938, it has helped numerous worthy projects.
Here are just a few examples of what you have supported:
- Music and Memory Program at Dufferin Oaks Home for Seniors.
- BMX track at Greenwood Park in Shelburne.
- Major contribution to the renovation of the Centre Dufferin Recreation Complex.
- Major contribution to the digital imaging department at the Headwaters Health Care Centre.
- Breakfast clubs at local elementary schools.
- Centre Dufferin Robotics Club.
- Hyland Heights playground fund.
- Shelburne Girl Guides and Boy Scouts.
- A variety of minor sports, including hockey, baseball, gymnastics, lacrosse, and figure skating.
- Dufferin County Meals on Wheels.
- Hospice Dufferin.
- Major contribution to the redevelopment of the Shelburne Library.
- Dufferin County Museum & Archives Corn Flower Glass Gallery.
- Vocational programs for local youth such as Camp Enterprise.
- Shelburne Christmas hamper program.
- Community service awards at Centre Dufferin District High School.
- Shepherd’s Cupboard Food Bank.
- ALAS Dufferin.
- Fiddle Park Pavilion.
- PolioPlus – a program to eradicate polio worldwide.
- Recognition of current and former Shelburne Rotarians as part of the Juno.
- Beach project to commemorate the sacrifice of Canadian World War II veterans.
- Family Transition Place.
- Dictionaries for all local Grade 3 students.
- The Door Youth Centre in Shelburne.
- Canadian Diabetes Association.
…and many more!
Rotarians regularly volunteer at blood donor clinics in Shelburne.